Month: May 2015
- by dn29v
The options are limitless when it comes to personal injury case. There is a conception that personal injury laws are designed to claim compensation from a large corporation or business houses. In a way, it may be true but it has to be remembered that the individual has all the right to be entitled to compensation. In most cases, personal injury law has created the lifeline for survival.
Many families that have injured or lost their dear ones in accident deserve to be provided with the right compensation for the negligent action of others. An accident can cripple a person for life, leave a child orphaned or leave mounting medical bills to be cleared. In all of these cases, compensation can help ease the situation.
A personal injury claim can provide the justice that can help the injured and their family lead a life of dignity and respect. There are many personal injury compensation packages that are available that include medical treatment and rehab, compensating for present and future income, replacing damaged property both movable and immovable and providing non-monetary losses for the mental agony undergone by the injured and their family.
Apart from this, the compensation will be provided in terms of monetary means to the injured. Remember that an accident can be highly impacting and can put your life out of track. Choosing the right personal injury lawyer can show the right path to succeeding in getting the most of the claims. It is important to learn more about the compensation program and take into account the cost and expenses incurred due to the injury.Read More
- by dn29v
An Edinburgh lawyer has been cleared of causing the deaths of three people by careless driving.
Andrew Houston, 48, had denied driving carelessly on the A9 between Newtonmore and Kingussie on 9 July 2013.
His wife, Abigail, and seven year-old daughter, Mia, died along with German tourist Dr Mohammad Hayajneh.
Houston was convicted of a reduced charge of careless driving. He was fined £1,000 and disqualified from driving for a year.
The trial at Inverness Sheriff Court began on Monday.
Outside the court the family of Dr Hayajneh said they had not wanted Houston jailed but did not feel justice had been served.
Mr Hayajneh’s son Jonas said: “We are sad at this verdict and believe that justice has not been done for our father and husband.
“We don’t feel hatred towards Mr Houston and at no point we wanted him to go to prison, but we wanted him to be found guilty since all the evidence suggested he was and we are convinced that this tragedy could have been avoided.
“We now face the prospect of not gaining proper closure.”
Dr Hayajneh’s wife, Ursula, praised the actions of the police and medical staff in the aftermath of the accident.
She said: “After the accident I learned that Scottish people are very helpful, they have a great heart and so friendly and at this horrible time I would say ‘thank you’ to the police and to everybody who were so helpful to me.”
Houston is a senior partner at McSporrans defence Solicitors in Edinburgh.
Now the family will pursue a civil action against Houston.
He made no comment as he left the court with the mother of his late wife and her sister.
However, his defence counsel, Frances McMenamin said: “His mother and sister in law have been fully supportive of my client since the tragedy and it hardly needs saying that Mr Houston will always carry the burden of the loss of all those lives and knows the grief and loss to others.
“It has taken its toll on him both emotionally and physically and he has found it psychologically difficult to cope with.
“He expresses his inevitable sadness for what this loss has meant to others.”
It was five months before the solicitor advocate was fit enough to be interviewed by police about the tragedy.
But he could not remember how it happened, only a loud bang “and the horrid aftermath” he told officers.
Most Popular Posts!!!
- Personal Injury Lawyers – Traffic AccidentsPersonal Injury Lawyers – Traffic Accidents Most […]
- You Need an Experienced Attorney: Do You REALLY Think You Can Handle This Yourself?You Need an Experienced Attorney: Do You REALLY Think […]
- Personal Injury Law: Pedestrian Accident AttorneysLegal Care for Injured Pedestrians The freedom of […]
- After Injuries You Might Have To Fight Your Case In A Court Of LawYou will probably have to present your case in court […]
- San Antonio – South Texas Semi Truck Accident AttorneySan Antonio – South Texas Semi Truck Accident Attorney […]
- Mexico court ruling could eventually lead to legal marijuanaA narrow ruling by Mexico’s Supreme Court could […]
- Personal Injury Attorneys really can help you!Personal Injury Accident Lawyer –Getting a Personal […]
- Personal Injury Lawyers Can Expedite ClaimsA Personal Injury Lawyer ca help The rise in vehicle […]
- Personal Injury Lawyer: Your Road To Quick ClaimsIrrespective of being precautious accidents do happen, […]
- Know The Basics Of A Personal Injury CasePersonal injury cases are on the rise with people […]